Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, November 14, 2011

Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber

Summary:
This Christmas, Emily Merkle (call her Mrs. Miracle!) is working in the toy department at Finley's, the last family-owned department store in New York City. And her boss is none other than...Jake Finley, the owner's son.
For Jake, holiday memories of brightly wrapped gifts, decorated trees and family were destroyed in a Christmas Eve tragedy years before. Now Christmas means just one thing to him--and to his father. Profit. Because they need a Christmas miracle to keep the business afloat.
Holly Larson needs a miracle, too. She wants to give her eight-year-old nephew, Gabe, the holiday he deserves. Holly's widowed brother is in the army and won't be home for Christmas, but at least she can get Gabe that toy robot from Finley's, the one gift he desperately wants. If she can figure out how to afford it...
Fortunately, it's Mrs. Miracle to the rescue. Next to making children happy, she likes nothing better than helping others--and that includes doing a bit of matchmaking!

Summary taken from Goodreads.com

There's nothing like one of Debbie Macomber's Christmas novel to warm the cockles of ones heart. Reading this Mrs. Miracle was like coming home. It was a modern spin on the movie classic Miracle on 34th street. It was just what I needed to read yesterday. I read it in one sitting so that should tell you how good it was!

I really liked the romance between Holly and Jake, but my favourite character was without a doubt Mrs. Miracle. She remind me of my mother, because she was all knowing and she had a sense of humour. I really love how Debbie Macomber wrote this story it was so heartwarming and light hearted. After reading it I f4lt lifted. She really is the official story of Christmas, at least she is in my eyes. Her books are wonderful to snuggle up on the couch, in your favourite reading chair or in bed reading late in the night with a cup of tea or coffee beside you.

I definitely recommend this one to anyone. Young or old. I can't wait to read the other Mrs. Miracle book.

I gave this book: ★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2

6 comments:

  1. My mom gave me a copy of this book! It sounds like a cute story. I think I'll save it to read on a snowy night next to the Christmas tree. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- A snowy night curled up with this book is probably the brst way to read it.

    Kimba-These are becoming fast favourites with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus I love how the author added recipies in the book :) I might just try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only words I can think of to describe Call Me Mrs. Miracle is, delightful, funny, and inspirational. This is my first book by Debbie Macomber, but it won't be the last. Last year I watched a delightful movie on TV around Christmas time called Mr. Miracle, so when I saw that Debbie Macomber had a new Mrs. Miracle book out I jumped at a chance to review it.

    The author has a great way of blending great characters with a sweet storyline. You just fall in love with all the characters and get that great feeling at the end when it's over - but there is also that sadness for the same reason.

    It's a romance story but it has so much more to it. I would really call it a light romance and one of the things I love about it is the fact that it has no sex scenes at all in the book. Its not written as an inspirational book, yet I could without a doubt tell my Christian friends that it would be a great book for them to read for the Christmas holidays. I would most definitely recommend this book to anyone! It's a great light read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved this book, too! Even though it's been out for a few years, Netgalley still offered it as a download to bloggers recently. I'll try to watch the Hallmark movie this Christmas
    ~Cecelia Dowdy~
    http://ceceliadowdy.com/blog/2013/10/call-me-mrs-miracle-by-debbie-macomber.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!