Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Snow Bride by Debbie Macomber


Summary:
A Snowbound Christmas . . .
A Second-chance bride!

Practical Jenna Walsh has done something impractical. she's met a man on the Internet and now, a month before Christmas, she's going to Alaska to marry him. Dalton Gray seems to be everything she wants in a husband -- sensitive, gallant, romantic . . .
On the flight to Fairbanks, she has the misfortune to sit beside Reid Jamison, who obviously isn't sensitive, gallant, or romantic. However, he's not impressed with her plan t marry Dalton, a man he detests (for good reason, as Jenna later finds out). So Reed takes it upon himself to change her destination -- and her marriage plans.
Which is why Jenna ends up at Reid's cabin in tiny Snowbound, Alaska. It's currently a one-woman town (and the other woman's out of town. That leaves Reed, a bunch of eccentric old men, a few grizzly bears -- and Jenna. Kidnapped! And then there's a blizzard. The two of them alone, stranded in Snowbound . . .
Hmm. Maybe she'll be a Christmas bride, after all

So with this book the lovely Debbie Macomber took us on a whirlwind adventure to a small town in Alaska called Snowbound which I honestly wish was a real place because I'd move there in a heartbeat.
Now this isn't my favourite Debbie Macomber Christmas book  and I think that it's because I didn't like the heroine Jenna too much. She was alright but I wish she would have shown her backbone more and listened to Lucy, Reid's sister when she along with the rest of the residents of Snowbound told her that Dalton Gray was little more than a womanizing scam artist and it's best not to get involved with him. Honestly at 30 years old you would think that she would believe the people that actually know the man considering she hasn't even met him in person yet! I literally wanted to slap some sense into her.
I did like Reid though. I thought it was sweet that he shaved his beard for Jenna (Though I love beards!) I thought he was more personable than many of Macomber's other male leads in the sense that he wasn't as much of an ass about things.
I thought that the other side characters like Jenna's mother, Addy and Palmer and Pete all made the book that much more of a cozy read. They really lightened the mood at times and I found the fact that they wanted to get Jenna to stay was really sweet.
All in all Debbie Macomber gave us another wonderfully written heartwarming tale to read.
★ ★ ★ ★

2 comments:

  1. shall i shave my beard. lol just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

    Profile.ameba.jp
    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!