Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #97

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
Ember Island: A Novel
 
Summary:
 
A riveting story of secrets and scandal

1890: Orphaned as a small child, Tilly Kirkland found a loving, safe home with her grandfather in Dorset. But nineteenth-century England is an unforgiving place for a young woman with limited means and as her grandfather's health fails, it seems perfect timing that she meets Jasper Dellafore. Yet her new husband is not all he seems. Alone in the Channel Islands, Tilly finds her dream of a loving marriage is turning into a nightmare.
2012: Bestselling novelist Nina Jones is struggling with writer's block and her disappointing personal life. Nothing is quite working. After a storm damages Starwater, her house on Ember Island, she decides to stay for a while and oversee the repairs: it s a perfect excuse to leave her problems behind her on the mainland. Then Nina discovers diary pages hidden in the walls of the old home. And a mystery unravels that she is determined to solve.
Though the two women are separated by years, Starwater House will alter the course of both their lives. Nina will find that secrets never stay buried and Tilly learns that what matters most is trusting your heart.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 448 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: April 15th 2014 by Touchstone
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Back in 2012 I read Kimberly Freeman's other novel Wildflower Hill and I loved the emotional rollercoaster it took me on so much that it was one of my favourite books of the year. I love her writing style and can't wait to read this one when it comes out. If you're interested my review for Wildflower Hill you can do so by clicking HERE.
 
Traitor's Blade
 
Summary:
 
The King is dead, the Greatcoats have been disbanded, and Falcio Val Mond and his fellow magistrates Kest and Brasti have been reduced to working as bodyguards for a nobleman who refuses to pay them. Things could be worse, of course. Their employer could be lying dead on the floor while they are forced to watch the killer plant evidence framing them for the murder. Oh wait, that’s exactly what’s happening…

Now a royal conspiracy is about to unfold in the most corrupt city in the world. A carefully orchestrated series of murders that began with the overthrow of an idealistic young king will end with the death of an orphaned girl and the ruin of everything that Falcio, Kest, and Brasti have fought for. But if the trio want to foil the conspiracy, save the girl, and reunite the Greatcoats, they’ll have to do it with nothing but the tattered coats on their backs and the swords in their hands, because these days every noble is a tyrant, every knight is a thug, and the only thing you can really trust is a traitor’s blade.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 384 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: March 4th 2014 by Penguin Canada (first published February 27th 2014)            
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love historical fiction and I love it especially when there's a royal conspiracy so when this one popped up on my radar I was like "HELLS YEAH!" literally, and yes I do mean literally. Plus it's written by a Canadian author and I'm all for supporting Canadian authors and it sounds awesome.
 
What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?  
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of either of these books before, but I hope you enjoy them. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royal conspiracy sound intriguing! Happy Wednesday!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traitor's Blade sounds interesting - nice pick!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sound good. I like Ember Island cover. Very alluring.

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by Kimberley Freeman...now I want to! Off to check out her books on Good Reads.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-new-mary-higgins.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ember Island sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These both sound really great! The title of the first one reminds me of a show I use to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! Haven't heard of either but am adding both to my TBR! Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!