Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #101

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1)
 
Summary:
 
The first in a series of four epic tales set in the depths of the ocean, where six mermaids seek to protect and save their hidden world.

Deep in the ocean, in a world not so different from our own, live the merpeople. Their communities are spread throughout the oceans, seas, and freshwaters all over the globe.

When Serafina, a mermaid of the Mediterranean Sea, awakens on the morning of her betrothal, her biggest worry should be winning the love of handsome Prince Mahdi. And yet Sera finds herself haunted by strange dreams that foretell the return of an ancient evil. Her dark premonitions are confirmed when an assassin's arrow poisons Sera's mother. Now, Serafina must embark on a quest to find the assassin's master and prevent a war between the Mer nations. Led only by her shadowy dreams, Sera searches for five other mermaid heroines who are scattered across the six seas. Together, they will form an unbreakable bond of sisterhood and uncover a conspiracy that threatens their world's very existence.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 320 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: May 6th 2014 by Disney Press
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I'm not a huge fan of mermaid tales in YA fiction, there are some authors who can pull it off and I have complete faith in Jennifer Donnelly being able to do so. I've read one of Jennifer's author novels (Northern Lights) and thought it was amazing so I can't wait to read this one.
 
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
 
Summary:
 
By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her, if there can even be a future for the chimaera in war-ravaged Eretz.

Common enemy, common cause.

When Jael's brutal seraph army trespasses into the human world, the unthinkable becomes essential, and Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people.

And, perhaps, for themselves. Toward a new way of living, and maybe even love.

But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. A vicious queen is hunting Akiva, and, in the skies of Eretz ... something is happening. Massive stains are spreading like bruises from horizon to horizon; the great winged stormhunters are gathering as if summoned, ceaselessly circling, and a deep sense of wrong pervades the world.

What power can bruise the sky?

From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.

At the very barriers of space and time, what do gods and monsters dream of? And does anything else matter?
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 528 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: April 8th 2014 by Little, Brown & Company
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I finished the second book in this series a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait to see how things go for Karou, Akiva, and what will happen to the worlds as well.
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Deep Blue is on NetGalley right now.

    I haven't read Days of Blood and Starlight yet. Waiting for the final book to come out.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gods and Monsters, so want this one now!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Dreams of Gods and Monsters, I'd do anything to get my hands on a copy now! Akiva! *swoon* You got awesome picks for this week! I see a couple of people have started reading Deep Blue and I am so intrigued with it.

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice WoW picks! I can't wait to read Dreams of Gods and Monsters - how amazing is that cover!

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks! I haven't read any book yet about merpeople but it sounds like a great story for girl power and the bonds of friendship. As for Laini Taylor's series, I started Daughter of Smoke and Bone around two weeks ago but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. I hope to get my momentum going for this series :) Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My WoW :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed the first two books in Laini Taylor's series and look forward to seeing how it all ends. I saw Deep Blue on NetGalley and was intrigued by it.

    Check out my WoW and my birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started reading Daughter of Smoke & Bone a few weeks ago but couldn't get into it. I'll have to try it again as so many people say it's amazing. Deep Blue looks like a good read. I hope you enjoy them.
    Happy Reading! xD

    My WoW

    Ashton @ Morphys Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fan of Daughter of Smoke & Bones series so I'm extra excited and anticipating the release of that book, which will be here in no time!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! Great picks!
    Check out my WoW Book Hangovers Blabs Books
    xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been seeing these two everywhere the last few weeks, with good reason. :) I haven't actually started the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series, but heard tons of great things!



    Here's mine



    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for Monsters! I'm so nervous because I know Laini Taylor is going to make things difficult, lol. Deep Blue looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh!!! Both great choices.

    Have you seen the trailer for Deep Blue? I ran across it the other day. http://waterfiresaga.com/

    As for Monsters... my stomach is in KNOTS!!!

    Misty @ KindleObsessed

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo. Deep Blue sounds interesting. And I still haven't read Smoke & Bone yet. Both book 1 & 2 are on my shelf just waiting. Ugh. I'm such a slacker! Nice picks!

    Jenny @ She Imagined It
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deep Blue's cover is beautiful and I love the idea of girls banding together to save the world. And I like that there's no alternate love interest mentioned in the synopsis ;)

    My WoW post

    Skylar @ <a href="http://www.randomofalife.blogspot.com/>Life of a Random</a>

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!