Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #41




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
 
The Yard
 
Summary:
 
Victorian London is a cesspool of crime, and Scotland Yard has only twelve detectives--known as "The Murder Squad"--to investigate countless murders every month. Created after the Metropolitan Police's spectacular failure to capture Jack the Ripper, The Murder Squad suffers rampant public contempt. They have failed their citizens. But no one can anticipate the brutal murder of one of their own . . . one of the twelve . . .When Walter Day, the squad's newest hire, is assigned the case of the murdered detective, he finds a strange ally in the Yard's first forensic pathologist, Dr. Bernard Kingsley. Together they track the killer, who clearly is not finished with The Murder Squad . . . but why?Filled with fascinating period detail, and real historical figures, this spectacular debut in a new series showcases the depravity of late Victorian London, the advent of criminology, and introduces a stunning new cast of characters sure to appeal to fans of "The Sherlockian" and "The Alienist."
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 681 pages (Large Print Hardcover)
Publication Date: June 1st 2012 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2012)         
   
My Teaser:
Pg. 515
 
 
"I don't care to see my father."
"Ah."
"He doesn't know me. He's half the size he once was and he coughs enough blood onto himself, and I have no desire to watch him die. If it's quite alright with you lot, I will do my job and I will remember my father the way that I wish to remember him."

What's your Teaser this week?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

26 comments:

  1. It's kind of sad that this person doesn't want to see their father when the father needs them the most.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser! I think this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it last night Jenea and thought it was amazing. I can't wait to read the second book :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's a pretty emotionally charged teaser.

    Thanks for stopping by! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your teaser and summary make me want to read this book now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser. Doesn't sound like my kind of book but I hope you enjoy it!!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a strong teaser. Maybe a bit sad, but I too can understand the reasoning. Have only recently heard of this one -- glad you liked it! The Widow’s Walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Heather, it was sad but things worked out in the end.

      Delete
  7. Hi Kimberly,

    Thanks for choosing to stop by Fiction Books today. I love 'meeting' new people, so your visits will always be welcome and your comments always appreciated.

    This is a new author and series to me, however representing my favourite genres of murder / mystery, or suspense/ thriller, 'The Yard' and all the other books in the series are definitely for my TBR list, so thanks for the introduction and feature.

    As to your teaser lines, I can fully sympathise with the speaker. I am not a person for sickness in myself and certainly can't cope with it in others. I too would rather remember someone as I once knew them and leave the caring to the professionals.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Yvonne, I'm glad I was able to introduce you to a new book that fits into your favourite genres. Isn't that the best part of the book blogging community? I love the exposure to so many new to me authors.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like they made their choice. I hope they don't live with regret when he dies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a sad book. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't that sad (despite the murders) the author added in humour at appropriate times to lighten the mood.

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of The Yard before, sounds interesting! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good read, I'm so glad I picked it up. Thanks for stopping by Sheri.

      Delete
  11. The Yard has such a neat cover

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was intense.! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no shortage of intensity in this one that's for sure. Thanks for stopping by Andrea.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. He really isn't though, he's actually very sweet he's just afraid of losing his father. Thanks for stopping by Alice.

      Delete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!