Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #51

 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
   
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
The Devil's Workshop (The Murder Squad, #3)
 
Summary:
 
They thought he was gone, but they were wrong. Jack the Ripper is loose in London once more.

Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad faces the most shocking case of its existence, in the extraordinary new historical thriller from the author of the acclaimed national bestsellers The Yard and The Black Country.

London, 1890. A small group of the city’s elite, fed up with the murder rate, have made it their business to capture violent criminals and mete out their own terrible brand of retribution. Now they are taking it a step further: They have arranged for four murderers to escape from prison, and into the group’s hands.

But the plan goes wrong. The killers elude them, and now it is up to Walter Day, Nevil Hammersmith, and the rest of Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad to hunt the convicts down before they can resume their bloody spree. But the Murder Squad may already be too late. The killers have retribution in mind, and one of them is heading straight toward a member of the Murder Squad, and his family.

And that isn’t even the worst of it. During the escape, one of the killers has stumbled upon the location of another notorious murderer, one thought gone for good, but who is now prepared to join forces with them.

And Saucy Jack has learned some new tricks while he’s been away.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 386 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: May 20th 2014 by Putnam Adult
 
My Teaser:
Pg. 45
 
"He knows where I live." Day stood suddenly, almost knocking his chair backward.
"Sit."
Day hesitated, and Hammersmith pushed himself back from the desk to stand beside him.
"We should check on Mrs. Day," Hammersmith said. "She's pregnant and alone."
if-youre-here-blinkie

12 comments:

  1. This is one I have not heard of! Sounds interesting though... I will be checking back to see what you thought about it! Thanks for sharing :)

    My Teaser Tuesday
    Tabby @Insightful Minds Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great Tabby, I loved the first two books in the series and really recommend them.

      Delete
  2. The title alone is so intriguing! The teaser is great, I'd love to read your review of the book (I'm really interested in adding it to my TBR list)

    My teaser is from The Wonderbox: http://www.allsortsofbooks.blogspot.jp/2014/06/teaser-tuesday-wonder-box-by-roman.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic Eustacia! I'm planning on reviewing it next week but should be reviewing the first two books in the series this week sometime.

      Delete
  3. Wonder what's going on there.... great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serial killers. Jack the Ripper and lots of thrills lol :) Thanks for stopping by Freda.

      Delete
  4. This sounds interesting -- the teaser was a bit ominous. Hope you're enjoying it! Thank you for stopping by my Teaser... Hoping to get back to doing these regularly now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's excellent Melissa :) This author is one of my favourites!

      Delete
  5. I love the sound of this one! I read the Maureen Johnson book featuring a Jack the Ripper ghost and this one sounds right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOh I've been wanting to read that one, I really recommend this series if you like good Sherlockian mysteries.

      Delete
  6. I've not heard of this book but it certainly sounds like it is packed with action, and bodies! I do enjoy historical crime fiction too.

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a great addition to the series, I devoured the first two books in a single sitting (for each read of course).

      Delete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!