Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday 56 #32


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56 

 Rules:
 
 *Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it
 
Briar Rose
 
Summary:
 
A dark and sexy reimagining of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale from the author of THE DEMON TRAPPERS.

For Briar Rose, life is anything but a fairy tale. She's stuck in a small town in deepest Georgia with parents who won't let her out of their sight, a bunch of small-minded, gossiping neighbours and an evil ex who's spreading nasty rumours about what she may or may not have done in the back of his car. She's tired of it all, so when, on her sixteenth birthday, her parents tell her that she is cursed and will go to sleep for a hundred years when the clock strikes midnight, she's actually kind of glad to leave it all behind. She says her goodbyes, lies down, and closes her eyes . . . And then she wakes up. Cold, alone and in the middle of the darkest, most twisted fairy tale she could ever have dreamed of. Now Briar must fight her way out of the story that has been created for her, but she can't do it alone. She never believed in handsome princes, but now she's met one her only chance is to put her life in his hands, or there will be no happy ever after and no waking up.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 470 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: September 12th 2013 by Macmillan Children's Books
 
 
Pg. 156
 
A bone-dry chuckle came from the spirit behind her as the footsteps grew closer. Reena's knees were knocking now and she clutched her personal gris-gris bag tighter. Joshua was shivering as well, though he kept his back turned as she'd asked.
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

12 comments:

  1. I have seen this book on Goodreads before, and I'm not sure wether or not it's my cup of tea or not.
    My Friday memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad actually (not very far into it) but it's okay so far :)

      Delete
  2. I would hate to wake up in her shoes. Enjoy the weekend.
    sherry @ My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhmm, I wonder what's going on in the F56! But how strange must it be to suddenly wake up in a fairy tale! I saw this one somewhere else and thought I might have to check it out, but I think I'd have to read more to know for sure! Thanks for sharing :) Have a great weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would give it a try, I haven't read much of it but it's okay so far :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like she's living in an ightmare. Scary stuff and I'm intrigued.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/19/the-friday-56-37-eating-sarah-by-jaret-martens/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to read this just to see how the author adapts the Sleeping Beauty story to a girl in small-town Georgia! Sounds like it would be interesting and probably funny too.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: The Merry-Go-Round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the adaptation of it as well, I like when authors put their own spin on classic fairy tales.

      Delete
  6. I'm a sucker for fairy tale retellings and I'm really excited that this one is about Sleeping Beauty. I'm looking forward to your review because this definitely sounds like a book I'll be wanting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creeptastic, and y'know I love me some creeptastic!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!