Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #65

 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers
 
Die For Me: A Novel of the Valentine Killer (For Me, #1)
 
Summary:
 
Katherine Cole thought her fiance was the perfect man until he turned out to be the perfect killer. He left his victims stabbed through the heart holding a telltale single red rose and was deemed the Valentine Killer. Three years ago he vanished. Now he's back. And he's hunting the one who got away. In New Orleans, Katherine dared to hope she was finally safe, yet somehow he found her. This time, Katherine won't just sit silently by; she'll do anything to stop the monster she once loved, even trust the sexy cop promising to keep her safe? Detective Dane Black never lets his emotions interfere with the job, even as the Valentine Killer surfaces in New Orleans to stalk his prey. But when Dane agrees to protect the killer's ex-fiance, he can't ignore the passion kindling between them. After a single unforgettable night binds them body and soul, Dane won't rest until Katherine is safe in his arms and the Valentine Killer is dead.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 358 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: February 12th 2013 by Montlake
 
 
Pg. 48
 
At that light touch, she tensed, and her breath seemed to freeze in her lungs. Why was she so aware of this man?
Her gaze lifted to meet his stare. His pupils were so big that his eyes looked almost black. And, suddenly, she had to ask the question that fear had made her forget before.  "Why were you waiting outside my house tonight?" She wondered...had he been there to protect her? Or because he suspected her?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds creepy! Definitely a book that would keep me up at night and I've definitely been in a thriller kind of mood. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am :) I'm planning on reviewing it next week I've heard great things about it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good thriller. I hope it's a page turner! I love those books that you just can't put down.

    Here's my teaser for this week.
    http://deweygirl.co.uk/2014/10/teaser-tuesday-organ-reapers/

    +New Bloglovin follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! I read another by her and liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear Freda! I don't think I've seen anything bad about her so far :)

      Delete
  4. Ah, trust issues always create good conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy indeed. She really should look into a restraining order

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my wow. I'm adding this to my TBR. Seriously. Sounds like my kind of book. Hope it's as good as it sounds :) Thanks for stopping by The Coffee Pot.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!