Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #134

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
 
Court of Fives
 
Summary:
 
A teenage girl secretly competes in her city's prestigious athletic competitions in this high-fantasy adventure that can be pitched as Game of Thrones meets The Hunger Games meets Little Women.

In this imaginative escape into an enthralling new world, World Fantasy Award finalist Kate Elliott's first young adult novel weaves an epic story of a girl struggling to do what she loves in a society suffocated by rules of class and privilege.

Jessamy's life is a balance between acting like an upper class Patron and dreaming of the freedom of the Commoners. But at night she can be whoever she wants when she sneaks out to train for The Fives, an intricate, multi-level athletic competition that offers a chance for glory to the kingdom's best competitors. Then Jes meets Kalliarkos, and an unlikely friendship between a girl of mixed race and a Patron boy causes heads to turn. When a scheming lord tears Jes's family apart, she'll have to test Kal's loyalty and risk the vengeance of a powerful clan to save her mother and sisters from certain death.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 448 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: August 18th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I've been wanting to read a book by Kate Elliot for a few years now, but I've been hesitant to try her adult fantasy stuff so I'm really excited about how this YA debut sounds.
 
Seeker (Seeker, #1)
 
Summary:
 
For readers of A Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games comes an epic new series.

The night Quin Kincaid takes her Oath, she will become what she has trained to be her entire life. She will become a Seeker. This is her legacy, and it is an honor. As a Seeker, Quin will fight beside her two closest companions, Shinobu and John, to protect the weak and the wronged. Together they will stand for light in a shadowy world. And she'll be with the boy she loves--who's also her best friend.

But the night Quin takes her Oath, everything changes. Being a Seeker is not what she thought. Her family is not what she thought. Even the boy she loves is not who she thought.

And now it's too late to walk away.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 448 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: February 10th 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
The cover is what caught my eye at first and then I read the summary which is a little vague but I like how it leaves the story a mystery. This is one I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on in the new year.
 
if-youre-here-blinkie 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Game of Thrones meets The Hunger Games meets Little Women!! I am in!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court of Fives has a really good summary and definitely caught my attention. Seeker does have a cover that catches your attention. Excellent WOW choices.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great does Court of Fives sound? So damn good, not too keen on the cover right now, but it'll probably grow on me. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for SEEKER, too! COURT OF FIVES sounds really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both great picks! Seeker was already on my list but Court of Fives sounds awesome! Game of Thrones meets Hunger Games meets Little Women meets my heart! *adds to TBR*
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of the Seeker, and I'm very intrigued, but more of my attention is going to Kate Elliot's up-and-comer. That sounds like it's going to be great, hopefully very intricate with those societal rules and such. Really excellent choices!!

    This week my WoW is Breaking the Rules!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im with you on how good the cover looks for Seeker. Let me know how it is

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  9. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    Moonpod.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!