Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Post #65


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer  It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Howdy Folks!
Busy week here prepping for Christmas but our tree STILL isn't up! We haven't even gone  to the storage unit to excavate it, I do think that will be this week though. Not to worry about us not having much tree time. Our tree stayed up until February 3rd last year. Anywho. Not a whole lot of reading done, and not a whole lot of reviews (just the one) but whatever. I'm cool with that. Managed to send some photos of the family and I to my Aunt in Ireland (no internet no computer no cell phone) and she hasn't seen pictures of us all in 8 years (basically the last time I had photos done in high school). So I'm hoping they reach her by Christmas. Also still waiting on the dog's pictures with Santa to be e-mailed to us so I can share them (next week). However the dog rescue that played a part in his journey getting him to us has started a GoFundMe account and I know with the holidays not everyone can give but could you amazing people do me a favour and like their Facebook page and share the GoFundMe campaign on your Facebook and Twitter pages please? For the love of animals pass it on! For those who don't know Spartan came to us by way of the Toronto Humane Society by way of Northern Reach. Northern Reach is a network of volunteers, drivers, pilots, foster homes etc that work to bring dogs (1,000 in 2015 and 1 very special one (among many) in January 2016). They help locate, and arrange for dogs from Northern Reserves who are strays, abandoned or owner surrendered to find homes through rescues in Southern Ontario (Toronto, Barrie etc.) and find homes. He was one such dog that they rescued. He had to be flown down from his particular reserve (North Spirit Lake, Ontario) if you care to google to Thunder Bay, Ontario a trip of some 530km or 329 miles to my imperial minded readers and then driven from Thunder Bay to Toronto all in just 2 weeks.

 When we adopted him from the Toronto Humane Society in January he was only 25 pounds, had just been neutered the day before and had 4 teeth removed and had only been on the adoption floor for 10 minutes before we picked each other. He's come through a lot and was obviously beaten before we had him, Now he's living the doggy dream with all the treats, love and cats he can handle. Basically I'm just asking for help to share this message. Surely a tweet isn't too much? This prevents dogs like our little weirdo from being subjected to culls, or starving to death due to owners who can't or won't care for them. Well...that's my PSA for the week. I will keep sharing their campaign on the blog because I truly believe in what they're doing and I hope, that a few of you will help spread the word. 



Image may contain: dogImage may contain: dogImage may contain: dog

Last week on Turning the Pages: 

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday: 

Thursday: 

Friday:

Saturday: 

Book Haul:

In the Mail for Review:

The Devil's CountryThe Extraordinary Journey of Vivienne Marshall

From my Dad: 
(first book he's bought me in 15 years!)
Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)

Library Loot:
Luna: New Moon (Luna, #1)War Dogs: Tales of Canine Heroism, History, and LoveRed Queen (Red Queen, #1)Slow Dough: Real Bread: Bakers' secrets for making amazing long-rise loaves at homeSuper Food Family Classics

Have a great week!

if-youre-here-blinkie

23 comments:

  1. That's awesome, what a beautiful dog and glad he has a home with you guys now where he's no longer abused. Nice. I think it's a slow blogging month with Christmas and everything, I know I hardly read much last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true December does seem to be when people slow down with bloggy stuff but I usually go gung-ho around this time.

      Delete
  2. You had a busy week! Enjoy those books and yay for the dog! Have a lovely rest of your weekend and a good week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I'm so glad you guys got a dog! He's so cute and it's great that he has a good family to come home to!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story of your dog! Rescue operations like that are amazing! Both my dogs are rescues as well, so animal rescue operations always have a special place in my heart. Most of the time, they are run with no money and just people who are giving their time and talents. Its amazing to think of what people do for these animals! I hope they are successful in their fundraising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rescue animals, it's like they really know that you saved them. All but 2 of our critters are rescues (cat we got as a kitten from my sister's cat's litter and my late mother's budgie). Rescue animals rock!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for choosing each other and giving him the life he needs. Sounds like you had an amazing week! I hope you enjoy your new books. Have a great week and I shared for you. Happy reading!!! My Sunday Post  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! He's very loved here. We can't imagine life without him.

      Delete
  6. That's awesome that your dad got you a book - since he hasn't in so many years! My family tends to NOT get me books because I have so many already. haha I hope you can get your tree up soon!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL very rarely does anyone buy me a book unless I've specifically asked for it. My dad doesn't believe in buying them as he's a library man. I adore the library but some books need owned!

      Delete
  7. I just adopted my dog from a shelter in November so I'm always glad to hear stories from others. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope your new 4 legged pal is bringing you lots of happiness this holiday season!

      Delete
  8. Almost all of my dogs have been adoptions from shelters and rescue. Yours looks handsome and loved.
    I have a stack of Christmas books I collected to read and need to get cracking on them. And been watching both heart warming and funny holiday shows. Christmas will be here before we know it:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to your Christmas reads soon Laura and I love that you're a fellow rescuer!

      Delete
  9. Aw what a handsome boy! It's amazing how many good people are out there trying to help animals in need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dog is soooo adorable. Tell him Booker T and Cassius are glad he found such a good home. We always pick a local shelter and donate to them at Christmas and plus do a "walk you paws" fundraiser in the summer. I'm so glad there are people out there willing to help the poor animals. I love the pictures you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome! We've done a few fundraising type things as well. I love it as our hamster one of our cats and one of our budgies are rescues too.

      Delete
  11. Spartan is so photogenic. He's too cute :) I always love his Sweet face.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!