Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

[Review]* Justice By Another Name by E.C. Hanes


Justice by Another NameSet against the backdrop of North Carolina’s powerful hog-producing industry, Justice by Another Name tells the story of Paul Reavis’s suspicious workplace death followed a year later by a senseless death of his young son Paulie. Lana Reavis, who believes her husband was murdered and her son the victim of deliberate negligence, enlists the aid of her long-ago boyfriend, Will Moser, who is currently chief deputy of Hogg County and the heir apparent to the local sheriff. As Will’s investigation unfolds, suspicious activities and cover-ups begin to emerge. All evidence points to Oris Martin, the powerful owner of Martin Farms, a huge hog-production enterprise and Hogg County’s largest employer, as the mastermind. Despite political pressure and physical threats to look the other way, Will continues his search for what really happened. Meanwhile, Lana, convinced that Oris will be beyond the reach of justice, devises a plan to avenge her family and destroy everything precious to Oris Martin.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 245 pages (Hardcover)
Series: N/A
Genre: Thriller
Publication Date: March 1st 2017 by RaneCoat Press

Think a life in the country is quite? Seemingly safe? Have you thought about moving to a backwoods county? Dreamt of sipping sweet tea while sitting on the porch swing breathing in the North Carolinian air? Me too. Except probably not where Will Moser chief deputy is.
There's just something about the politics of a small county that make everything seem so much more dangerous than anything that's happening in the big city. 
While only 245 pages long E.C. Hanes thriller packed a whale of a punch. Hogg County is a little and just like any small town things aren't at all like they seem in a postcards. There's a lot of secrets buried in the dry sunbaked dirt and Will Moser is right smack dab in the middle of a murder investigation involving a conspiracy theory centered around the county's biggest hog farmers and there is nothing he isn't willing to do to get to the bottom of the death he's investigating.  I  found Will Moser to be gruff but tenacious in his pursuit of justice. His uncanny ability to snuff out the clues that the bad guys had left, figuring no one in their podunk little county could be smart enough to put all the pieces. 
Justice By Another Name was one of those thrillers that really does depend on the smallest detail being given at just the right time to piece together the larger picture. While something may see insignificant, or irrelevant to the story a chapter later I'd find out that the author pulled a fast one on me and I'd be left trying to figure out how I'd missed it. 
Even though it was a shorter read it had an immense amount of detail, extremely well written characters and an amazing, creeping, slow building conclusion that came out of no where for me at least. I thought it was just the right amount of country without being overly so and would definitely recommend it to other fans of the small town thriller type reads. If slow building, character driven stories are what does it for you, I suggest giving Justice by Another Name a try and I am really looking forward to seeing if the author is going to stay the course and continue writing similar thrillers. 

if-youre-here-blinkie

9 comments:

  1. Adding this to my TBR thriller type reads. It's been a good while since I've read one so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing. I always love those settings. The city setting is so overdone. Glad you liked it so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Click Here
    Sketchfab.com
    Website

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Depedmalaboncity.ph
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    Tamalemetro.gov.gh
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  8. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

    Comibaby.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!